Phuket Big Buddha is an iconic tourist attraction on Phuket island while you enjoy your stay with our best deal by Diamond Resort Phuket.
Diamond Resort Phuket recommended adding this temple to your day tour list. The temple is one of the recognizable iconic what to do and where to visit in Phuket.
Big Buddha Temple in Phuket is an excellent landmark. Don’t miss it when enjoying a beach holiday in Phuket. The temple is built at the top of Nagakerd Mountain, the highest on a hilltop with a birds-eye 360-degree view over Phuket’s old town, Chalong Bay, Promthep cape, Kata, and Karon beach with mountains surrounding it. If you are lucky to be there in the clear sky day, you will possibly see Phi Phi Island.
The temple is open to visitors with no entrance fee. The visit opening hours are from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Here are a few hints for your cultural trip and things to do or not to do at the temple. Keep this in mind when visiting temples in Thailand.
Dress Code & Temple Rules
- Keep your head below the level of Buddha statues and pay respect to monks.
- Avoid pointing with fingers or feet, with the palm facing upwards instead.
- Avoid expressions of any affection in the temple.
- Hints for women, please avoid touching the monk or his robes.
- Pay respect by remaining silent during a visit to the temple.
- Do not climb on Buddha statues.
Let’s stay connected and be inspired for your holiday planning with the Diamond Resort Phuket travel guide today.